Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Taco Bites



It's Taco Tuesday! After making my Mozzarella Sticks, I had leftover eggroll/wonton wrappers that needed to be used.  So, I came up with a twist on tacos.  These were really easy and tasty.  I'm going to have to try them with other fillings.  Serve for dinner or even at a party as appetizers (they are sort of messy though).


Ingredients:
Wonton Wrappers
Taco Meat (Lean Ground Chicken or Turkey)
Shredded Cheese
Tomatoes

Lettuce
Cilantro
Sour Cream
Salsa (I used a Chipotle Salsa from Safeway, which was awesome)


Directions:
1.  Make taco meat (quick recap, brown meat, add chili powder/garlic/cumin/onion/paprika/water/cornstarch and simmer).  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2.  Place wonton wrappers in muffin pans.  Fill with meat and cheese.  Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until wrapper is lightly browned.
3.  Remove from oven and add remaining toppings.


Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy