Yum, healthy banana muffins with walnuts. Did you know walnuts are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids (those great brain builders) and improves your cholesterol? And bananas pack on the potassium. Enjoy these yummy muffins for breakfast, or any time of day.
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Whole-Wheat Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
3 Large Ripe Bananas, Mashed
3/4 Cup White Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup Butter, Softened
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat muffin pan with cooking spray, or put in paper liners.
2. Combine the flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl (or your Kitchenaid--although using a mixer is not necessary for this recipe--by hand is fine), mix together the bananas, white sugar, egg, vanilla, and butter.
4. Slowly fold in the flour mixture and combine until smooth.
5. Stir in the walnuts.
6. Pour batter into muffin cups.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until muffins bounce back when you touch them.