Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ranch Sour Cream Dip


Here is a quick and tasty alternative to ranch and other chip dips and dressings.  This recipe is easy to make, low in calories and doesn't have all the extra sodium and preservatives in store-bought dressings and dips.  I actually came up with it after making my Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and realizing I had no ranch dressing (I prefer ranch over bleu cheese, personal preference) to dip them in.  So, I looked around in my refrigerator and cupboard for what I did have and came up with this recipe.  It is really tasty and a perfect complement to the spice in the wing sauce.  You could also serve it as a veggie dip, with chips or pita, on a baked potato, or as an alternative to sour cream for tacos or other Mexican-inspired dishes.  If you prefer a "heartier" (granted, it becomes less healthy) flavor, add in a bit of (light) mayonnaise.   


Ingredients:


1 Cup Low-Fat or Fat-Free Sour Cream (Organic)
1 tsp. Dill
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Chopped Chives (I used dried instead of fresh)
1/2 tsp. Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
Sea Salt & Black Pepper, to taste


Directions:
1.  Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir together, mixing well.


Serve and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy