Looking for an easy, healthy dinner (and low-carb, may I add)? Look no further. I made this meal last night and we'll just say it was such a hit with my husband that there weren't any leftovers. :) This recipe combines lean chicken breasts with nutrient-dense spinach and gives it flavor with Parmesan and Italian-flavored seasonings. I used Panko crumbs, which are lighter and healthier than regular breadcrumbs.
1 12-16 oz. Bag Frozen Cut Spinach, Thawed and Drained
1 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. Milk
1/4 Cup Parmesan and 1/3 Cup Parmesan, divided
1 lb. Chicken Breast Fillets, Thawed
1/2 Cup Panko Crumbs (or regular breadcrumbs)
1 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Basil
Dash of Black Pepper and Sea Salt
2 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. On the stovetop over medium-low heat, combine the spinach, butter, milk, and 1/4 Cup Parmesan. Stir, about 5 minutes, or until butter is melted and mixture is well-combined.
3. Combine the Panko crumbs, 1/3 Cup Parmesan, oregano, basil, black pepper, and sea salt in a small bowl.
4. Spread the spinach mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
5. Spread extra-virgin olive oil on the chicken breast pieces. Coat in Panko mixture and place on top of spinach mix.
6. Bake for 35 minutes. Serve immediately.